She is a Nigerian award winning social entrepreneur and activist who created the Brown Button Foundation as well as Mother’s Delivery Kit which creates low cost health care options and delivery kits containing basic sterile supplies for expectant mothers in Nigeria. She founded Colourful Giggles Nutrition, a company that provides affordable nutritional solutions to African children using local ingredients. Jaiyeoba trained as a lawyer and attended Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife. She also has background training in Business and Entrepreneurship from the University of Texas at Austin USA as well as the Coady International Institute, Canada. Jaiyeoba’s mission to reduce maternal and child mortality was as a result of the death of a close friend during childbirth in 2011 and reports of another.
Jaiyeoba was mentioned by Barack Obama in his address in 2014 to the Young African Leaders Presidential Summit in Washington and was also hosted at the White House in 2015.
In 2014, they started delivering birth kits having seen the damage that lack of sterile supplies such as rusty blades used for severing umbilical cords during childbirth can have. By 2015, they had distributed 8,000 kits and by 2017, 300,000.
She found out that 145 women die in childbirth and 2,300 children die before reaching the age of five in Nigerian.
2017 she gave a TEDx talk.
She has spoken at a number of local and international events and continues to inspire young people across Africa to action. She has experience across maternal and child health, Law, civic leadership, policy formulation and legislative drafting, as well as youth engagement. Specifically, her work focuses on providing simple lifesaving solutions to some of world’s biggest problems.
- She is a White House Emerging Global Entrepreneur
- She is a PATH International Innovation Champion
- 2018 USADF and Citi Foundation Venture showcase winner
- Frost and Sullivan African Sterilized birth kit innovation award winner
- One of 2017 100 most inspiring women in Nigeria
- 2017 Crans Montana Young Leader of Tomorrow awardee
- JCI top 10 Outstanding Young Persons of the World awardee 2017
- JCI top 10 Outstanding Young Person of Nigeria awardee 2017
- D-Prize awardee in Global Health
- 2018 Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards Winner
- 2014 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Fellow of the Unreasonable Institute
- Women in Successful Careers (WISCAR) member
- 2015 Young Innovator of the World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH)
- Africa’s top 10 female entrepreneur for Diaspora Demo day
- 2015 YNaija top 10 most influential Nigerians under 40 (Advocacy)
- 2015 Cordes Fellow
- Commonwealth Point of Light Award Winner
- HRH Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize Winner in 2018
- Opportunity Desk June 2015 Young Person of the month
Jaiyeoba has been featured on various high level platforms. She spoke at the Africa Shared Value Summit, The Platform Nigeria – beyond politics, Social Media Week Lagos in 2018.